I love getting to know my clients. It is such an awesome part of the photography process, and it is absolutely necessary if I am going to provide you with portraits that are both unique and creative.
One of the ways that I get to know my clients is through the pre-session consultation. We will actually meet well before the photo shoot and discuss all kinds of information to make you excited and comfortable about your custom portrait session.
What will we talk about?
- Your personality, your hobbies, what makes you awesome (basically, we need to have a gab session!)
- The theme or mood that you would like to convey in your pictures
- The perfect location for your pictures
- Outfits and clothing for your shoot
- Hair and make-up tips
- How to prepare for the shoot and how to feel comfortable with the camera
- Details about any products that you might be interested in (albums, canvas, prints, etc.)
- The details of the portrait photography contract and how it protects us both (I promise to keep the boring technical stuff to a minimum!)
Why you’ll love the pre-session consultation!
- You get a chance to meet your photographer, discuss your vision for the shoot, and understand how the photographer can make that vision come alive.
This is where you get to have your voice heard, and we will have all of the time in the world to talk about anything that you want to make your custom photography experience fantastic.
- You will be more comfortable and confident about the entire photography experience.
Most people have never been the model for a photo shoot before, and most people aren’t really good at something they have never tried before. Talking to your photographer about the process will help you understand and prepare for the session, maximizing your chances of having an awesome experience the first time.
- Because we get to hang out and have fun, of course! 😉
P.S. Questions about the pre-session consultation or interested in a session with me? Leave a comment and ask away, or reach me directly using the contact page.